07 April 2013

Clyde's Stale Cards Store



      Awhile ago I signed up for an account on eCRATER.com. eCRATER offers free online storefronts, complete with shopping cart capability.  Customization options are very limited, so all the stores look very similar, but hey...it's free and I'm not limited to the inventory system database restrictions of Sportlots.com or COMC.com.  And to top it off, eCRATER doesn't even take a bite out of your sales!

       I haven't had the patience to sit down and learn to use it until recently, but I've decided the only way I'm going to be able to unload lots of my international and oddball cards is to put up my own store.  As a result, you can get a glimpse at the store in-progress as I'm adding my inventory.  As with my Sportlots.com store, everything in my eCRATER store will be up for trade as well as sale, and prices are negotiable, especially for multiple items. The store can be accessed here: http://clydes-stalecards.ecrater.com/.  Comments and suggestions are welcome!




       I've added a widget on the right of the blog that is a scrolling list of random items I'm making available for sale or trade.  Google indexes the stores, so eventually everything shows up in Google's Shopping results.  eCrater doesn't offer much in the way of visual customization beyond color schemes and a couple of slots for  images, so everyone's stores pretty much look the same.  Below is how each individual item listing looks.



       I just finished adding all of the Takara Pro-Baseball Game cards I have, and am now working on adding my 2000 Future Bee Power League cards.  I'll be following those up with random minor league cards, oddball cards, and more random Japanese goodness from Calbee, Konami and BBM.

9 comments:

  1. Very cool. I've considered setting up a store too, but I just don't have the time to get things off the ground right now. Maybe I'll find some time during the summer. Best of luck on your business.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finally got tired of all these cards sitting around doing nothing. I can't list them on Sportlots of COMC, I didn't really just want to just set up a photo album. This way everything will be visible and if anyone want to buy, they can, and if they want to make an offer or propose a trade, I'm open for that as well.

      Delete
  2. Sweet! I've always wanted a few Japanese cards, particularly of some of the players who came to the states to play for the Dodgers. Just ordered a handful from you, including the Nomo rookie. Can't wait to get 'em! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great, yours will be the first order I've had of more than a single item. I was very curious how it was going to calculate postage and was afraid it might throw out something like $40 for 20 cards. Thankfully, it seems to have worked out very nicely. I'll get your order packed tonight and shipped tomorrow. Once you receive your order, please see if you can figure out how to leave feedback. None of my previous three customers have done so and I'd like that "Feedback: n/a" to go away.

      Thanks for your order!

      Delete
  3. I was a little worried the postage thing myself. I was hoping it would be the same for ten cards as one, since it amounts to about the same thing. Would have actually been pretty crazy if I hadn't chosen "media mail," so that might put some people off, but I'm cool with it. Incidentally, I LOVE surprises, if you want to throw in a random bonus card that's worth virtually nothing just to make things interesting! (No pressure, though...) Thanks for the chance to get some cool stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll see what I can do. I'm still trying to figure out the whole shipping system and how it determines the cost for multiple cards. Looks like it did add all the weights and charged accordingly at media mail rates. I'll have to go through the system and drop the per-card weight to 0.125 lbs from 0.2 lbs. I've refunded some of your shipping to account for something closer to the proper weight.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, but not necessary. It just gets crazy if you want things shipped first class. Just something to look out for with future customers. Good luck.

      Delete
    3. Sorry I took so long to post feedback, but it's up at both eCrater and Google Wallet. Got the cards immediately on a Monday, but I do my ipening on the weekends. Dug 'em. It was a blast to get them. Thanks again.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for that! I wanted to make sure that piece of the site worked properly. "Feedback: 100%" looks a lot better than "Feedback: N/A".

    ReplyDelete