09 March 2010

1992 Mexican League set identification help?

On occasion I tend to browse auction sites aimed at other countries, looking for interesting stuff. Probably a hold over from my previous life as an über Star Wars geek. I was searching through the listings at Mercadolibre.com.mx (eBay Mexico) on my occasional hunt for that set of La Liga Mexicana de Béisbol tarjetas that was issued back in either 2004 or 2005 (no idea what manufacturer) that I saw mentioned in an article in some Mexican newspaper site while I was hunting for box scores involving Hensley Meulens from the tail end of his career. Today, I saw these:



I have no idea what set these are from, but as one of them is #147, at least I know there are at least 147 in the set (well, that may be an assumption on my part, and we all know what that does to me and umption), and were all labeled in the auction listings as being from 1992. The only names that stand out to me are Terry Blocker, who played for Atlanta at one point, and Ramon Sambo, because I just saw his face about a half dozen times in the last box of Lime Rock Winter Baseball I opened (0 for SIX!!! No BERNIES!!!)

I figured I'd post these beauties here in the hopes that some random aficionado of rare Mexican baseball cards might wander by and be able to identify them. I'd buy them, but as yet, I've not been able to figure out how to order from Mexico. Japan, yes. Mexico, not yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment